Sunday 8 June 2014

BADFA Convention - Clare Holmes technique

I went to the 20th Anniversary BADFA Convention at Crick, Rugby, Northants (31st May/1June 2014) and what a brilliant time I had, I made so many friends I was a little emotional coming away on my own in my perfect little car!  I took 3 workshops:  2 Saturday and one Sunday.  Saturday I started off from my house at 6am and arrived at 7.10am which was brilliant as the M1 is a nightmare at the best of times, I found the Ibis Hotel and parked up going into the lobby and waiting for the ladies to all start coming down for breakfast. My delight at seeing Gill Hobbs from Bude, Cornwall and enjoying a huge hug from her.  She was my first workshop of the day and we painted a little traditional piece which was fun to do then we had coffees and did some chatting and the like!!  Next was Clare Holmes workshop which was something completely different in the it fell into the category of Altered Art having first pasted book pages onto board for us to then trace and paint the little girl with a flower.  I adored this technique........... We all enjoyed her workshop immenseley and then went to settle down for the evening meal.  It was on 2 tables and we all had plenty of conversation and a fabulous meal together.  Then we went for the evening "Make & Take" which was Dian Harris putting out some crafting goodies, stamps etc and letting us run free with it.  She had kindly made a bag with the contents to make a concertina book and was brave enough to let us loose on her stencils, stamps etc.  Everybody made something different and unique and we all enjoyed ourselves so much.  The next day I did the Andy Skinner workshop which was an altered art journal.  This was very different from what we usually do and brought out the best in us all!!

Sorry about the lopsided images doesn't matter what I do I cant get my photos to stay up the right way around..........



No comments:

Post a Comment