Saturday 21 June 2014

A few commissions this week................





Well my friendly power washer guy, Lee has a lovely girlfriend Mandy who wanted a key cupboard, my hubby brought one home from the car boot sales so I painted this up using the sea sponge and diluted acrylic paints in 2 shades of green and a French Blue sky.  Mandy had seen the "Girl with the Flower"  painting Id completed and commented on how much she liked the white daisy so I decided to paint a cluster of those to start with............. then I thought about it and decided to paint a yellow butterfly to compliment the centres of the daisies.  Then I needed something on the sides and thought ladybird....... I know the red wasnt in tone with everything else but I love ladybirds and it was such a sunny day when I was painting I had to include one.  The other side I painted the cute little brown beetle which seems to have so much character and it was finished.

And the next project................ my sons girlfriend saw this cute little shelf with drawers and coat hooks on the bottom (missing in the photo I took them off to paint and varnish this)(PS they are now back on it)  She has seen some of my Ritva Rasmusson fairies before and I had a new book with Trolls and Fairies in it and she saw this cutie, its supposed to be on a wood cut out with a cane at the bottom to stick into your flowerpots or flower beds.  She loved the look of her but didnt want me to use red on the flowers so opted for pink.  I set to and really enjoyed doing this one even though I had to do the same image twice.  She says shes going to hang it at the bottom of the stairs.  At least its another piece out of my craft room and less for hubby to grumble about.................

No comments:

Post a Comment