Sunday 20 April 2014

Patchwork Stamps from Chocolate Baroque




The first attempt at this card was through looking at a member of the design teams from Chocolate Baroques and copy it with just the scant instructions that it was made with 2 6 x 6" card blands and that they were interweaved at the front.  Well I had a go as I love this set of stamps and the look of the distance between the layers.  I didnt have the die for cutting the fence at the front though so of course improvised and I used a Martha Stewart punch.  When Id completed it I was really satisfied but then remembered that Id bought a stencil that was brickwork so decided the the fence should change into a brick wall with trellis on the top.  This was fun to make but very labour intensive and I was frustrated as the greens were too dark and if they were lighter they seemed to turn blue.  I used a selection of Promarkers, Sharpies and Prismacolor pens the latter 2 being obtained fron the USA!!  God bless America cause the UK is rubbish at variety of markers apart from the really really expensive ones...........

No comments:

Post a Comment