Sunday, 2 October 2011

A session of brayering and rubber stamping

I used this old stamp Ive had for ages its supposed to be fencing panels so I turned it round and used brown inks to stamp the front of the card then used a makeup sponge and worked it a bit more with the brown ink to blend it in. I then folded a teabag medallion to be the handle and added some butterflies.

Then I opened up the triptych and stamped inside using Lavinia stamps I stamped the trees in dark brown, then centred the door in black and using Lettuce Adirondak and the trusty makeup sponge I coloured the background. The fairy is also stamped in Adirondak inks then I got out my paint brush and bled the inks a little to create shading round the door. The ferns and the leaves are both from Claritystamps using the Lettuce and the toadstools are Lavinia stamps in brown.

I turned to the back cover and using the makeup sponge and Lettuce again I boardered the perimeters and turned the fern upside down to make a frame above the verse which is from Lavinia stamps. The pretty flowers on the bottom were printed in brown then painted with inks from adirondak inkpads.

No comments:

Post a Comment